Saturday, July 23, 2005

Checking the boxes

I've had the last 2 days off (with today and tomorrow off, too) and do I feel a sense of accomplishment! I've completed the last of the ten LOs for my CKU-A dorm's CJ swap (just have to do the tags now) and can start working on my entry for the album cover contest. I've had the concept for quite a while now, but figured I needed to do all the swaps I committed to first, before venturing to the "nice to do but not required" things. Last weekend, Cindy and I finished our portion of our dorm's entry. Can't share with ya here-and-now, but suffice it to say that it came out great. And what's even more important, we've got "thumbs up" kudos from the rest of the dorm. Ya gotta love that!

We're just a week away from our drive to Utah. Leaving next Sunday at noon. It'll be hard to leave the family, but I'll be with my "other" family for a while. My scrapbooking family! Cindy, Diana, Pattie and I will head to my buddy, Crazy T's for a couple of days of shopping and cropping and a whole lotta gabbing. We'll meet up with other friends from CKU-A who plan to crop with us for a bit. T set up a tour at SEI for us (can you say "awesome"?). And we'll have half the day Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to shop!

I'm so anxious to meet up with many of the ladies in Provo. Of course, there's Tracy (Crazy T as she's known to her scrappin' friends). She's our hostess with the most-est! And her FABU family! They are an incredible bunch! My roomies - Trina and Rita! I met Trina last year and then discovered she's just a stone's throw away in OR. Rita isn't that much farther (in the grand scheme of things) and I look forward to getting to know her more. Of course, roomie #3 is Cindy (a close scrappin and family friend). Then, our CJ group (Renee, Laurie, Libby, and Crystal - sadly, Kirsten won't be able to join us...sniff, sniff) will be meeting to do the final handoff of our CJs. I can't wait to see what this awesome group of scrappers did in my CJ. There are my dormies (Cindy, Marcia, Amy, Tove, Connie, Stacy, Maria, Kim, and Jen). And we're hoping our first meeting will be Wednesday night - as we rehearse for a performance at CKU-A. No one has heard from CK yet as to which three dorms perform so we still have our fingers crossed. Heather (aka the Jelly Belly lady) who I was honored to meet while on our vacation in CA! She's a doll! Miz Nola - my buddy from last year and various on-line communities! She IS a riot, let me tell ya!

Now, to that crazy mix, let's not forget to add some of the awesome instructors. Sure, I can't wait to take all my classes but there are a few that have jumped in and shared with us on the Yahoo board and I can't wait to meet them IRL. Ginger Rohlfs! She of Gin-X and the ever popular "Fire Me, Please" episode. We've had some fun exchanges on email and I can't wait to meet this ball of fire in Provo. Mellie and Danelle! I sooo wish I could have taken this track with them. They've been incredibly generous with their time and ideas on the board. And I soooo want my photography to "grow up and be like Danelle's" one day! Kolette Hall - the newest HOFer! Another creative gem! I just hope there's some way I can absorb all their talent by osmosis or sumptin!

But, there's still the weekend at hand. DD has her last day of ballet clinic and she's been loving every day. I think they have a "recital" of some kind today. Just need to find out the exact time and if parents can come (or is this just a recital between the various ability levels at the clinic). I also need to deal with laundry, although I did 2 loads yesterday. It's a start, right? Time for breakfast - and I have no idea what we'll have. If all else fails, there's always IHOP.

No comments: