Friday, July 8, 2005

Why are "vacation weeks" shorter than "work weeks"?

Have ya ever noticed that? No matter where you are or what you're doing, vacations are shorter than going to work. I mean, is there some sort of cosmic flux that happens when you leave the office for a week of R&R? It just flies by, doesn't it (the vacation...NOT the work). We're down to our last full day here in CA, staying with my bro and family. Tomorrow (after lunch), we start our 13 hour drive home. We'll stay the night at a hotel to finish out the vacation (gotta have a pool for the kids and a decent continental breakfast for me), then the final 6 hour drive to the house.

We did take the kids (our two and my two nephews) to the local Walmart to take a formal portrait of the "cousins". We got a couple of really great shots of the four of them, as well as one of our two. We'd purchased some cool Reebok tshirts for the kids - didn't even think about using them in the photo when I got them. Now, I'm so glad that I did! They were perfect. Our two in a vivid sour apple green and their cousins in flourescent orange! Both with black accents. Very "kewl"!

Countdown is less than one month before I leave to Provo for CKU-Albums. I'm sooo excited at the thought of going...but am in no way ready with all my swaps! I need to get this here "rear in gear". SIL took me to a few local scrapbook stores here in her town, but I didn't buy much. Pretty hard to buy things at full retail when you know darn-good-and-well that you'll find it (and sooo much more) in Utah with a discount! Yes, call me "cheap"!

"Gotta Do It" challenge: Have you noticed the green/orange combo is very HOT this year? DD purchased a couple of silver rings while one vacation (okay...her mom purchased a couple of rings for her), each with a stone in these colors. Then we saw the bright green/orange at the Jelly Belly factory. And it's very much everywhere in the sports stores. So...jump on this color combo and scrap a LO using these HOT colors!

No comments: