Such a beautiful name for something that is causing so much destruction and devastation. I've been monitoring the news as Katrina made her way to shore today in Louisana and Alabama. I just cannot fathom what folks there must be going through. The ones who left their homes and belongings behind to seek shelter. The ones who remained because they had no place to go and no way to get there. The people who stayed behind to help those who couldn't leave. My prayers are with you all. And a special prayer goes out to my CKU CJ friend, Renee (she's from NOLA). Said this is the first time in 20-something years of bad weather, etc., that they have evacuated the area. They thought it prudent this time around. I heard (via a friend) that she, her DH, and their animals (5 of them, I think) left in two cars headed outta town. Sending good thoughts your way, Renee.
Tomorrow is THE DAY. First day of school for DD - our big 3rd grader. Conference day for our kindergartener. We did hit the mall yesterday to buy their "first day of school" outfits. With him, it's easy. Khaki pants and a logo t-shirt (Nike). With her, it took a visit to Rave Girl, The Children's Place, JCPenney, and back to Rave Girl before we found THE outfit. The skirt was from JCP - varigated gauze skirt (tan to choco brown). The top is a tan tank top with gold sequins plus a short choco brown hoodie jacket with zipper (both from Rave Girl). Very stylish little 8yo, if I do say so myself. It was fun...even if dad and lil bro were getting tired of the repeated trips to the dressing room.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: So monochromatic is back in fashion, based on some of the combos I saw on display in some of the stores. And her outfit is a prime example. So, head to your sb table and create a monochromatic LO (or cards). Take a color and use the entire spectrum of light to dark. It's a great color scheme to put the focus on your photos. The colors will pop against the mono scheme.
1 comment:
Hi Em - it's Kyra. I really appreciate your thoughts on Katrina and our friends. I've 'borrowed' your idea of using a challenge. I'm challenging my local croppers to do a page theme each two weeks for our open crop challenge. I do hope you don't mind. I love your challenges, but I usually work monochromatically, so that' not breaking new ground. Keep them coming, 'cause I am watching!! Love ya! ('cause life is too short to not say that and mean it). ~kc
Post a Comment