As I was picking up the kids from daycamp, Nicholas turned to me with the biggest grin on his face and said, "Mom, I'm Camper of the Day!". He then flashed the gold medal suspended from the red, white, and blue ribbon around his neck. A prouder child you can't imagine. Just about then, Samantha walked up...with a very familiar looking neckpiece hanging around her neck, too. "I'm Camper of the Day, too, Mom!". Yes, both my kids were selected "Campers of the Day" today. How exciting is that!
For Samantha, this is medal number 3 for the summer (and she missed 5 weeks of Y camp due to dance and drama camps). She's a great kid (yea, we know!) and is provided kudos often. Nicholas is also a great kid (yea, we know!), but sometimes that halo gets a little muddied or knocked off his head. It's a little harder for him to remember to listen at all times, to sit still, etc. You know - he's a young boy! And he was sad that he hadn't been camper of the day at all during the summer. We had the usual talk with him. The one where we tell him he has to try harder to be a good citizen, to listen to the counselors, to be fair and share with others. The usual drill.
So today, Nicholas is Camper of the Day! Samantha is Camper of the Day! And I am one proud mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment