Sunday, October 29, 2006

One majorly HAPPY girl!

The call was on our answering machine on Friday afternoon, asking if I'd call the ballet studio. So, I did.

"Would Samantha like another part?"

Hmmm. Now, I know what ran through my head but I wanted to be sure. "In Nutcracker?", I asked. Well, it seems that one of the Arabians just dropped out and they need another dancer to replace her. Would Samantha be available?

"Well, my guess is probably yes, but let me ask her."

Let's just say that there was no doubt what her answer was, based on the sounds one girl can make as she bounces off the wall! So, Samantha is now a fairy AND an Arabian! How cool is that? She had wanted to have two parts, like many of her friends from last year's Petite Company. But they are now all in Junior Company. And Junior dancers were all cast in two parts. Petite Company dancers only got one part (she's still a year too young for Junior Company). Needless to say, she's been walking on air for the last 2 days.

Yesterday was her not only her first practice as an Arabian, but also costume fittings. Did you know there are 18 other Arabians...plus 3 primary dancers. That's 20 additional gifts to give at this year's opening night (not counting her, of course). No matter. We'll make it work. What's a few extra gifts amongst friends?

1 comment:

Diana said...

Wow that's cool for her! Yikes on all those gifts tho!