Thursday, October 11, 2007

Not a little girl any more...


Or so it would seem. You see, on Monday, Samantha got her ears pierced. She's waited for a few years; longer than many of her friends. She wasn't sure about the pain. And I said she could only do so when she felt she was ready to take on the ritual cleanings, etc. So this weekend, she said she was ready. She and I talked, and she was going to wait until October 19 (my weekday off). However, with having to keep the studs in for 6 weeks, putting it off would have run right up against Nutcracker production week. Or wait until after Nutcracker (not an option for her). So, I allowed her to bump up the date and she got them done. Pretty little peridots. Not her gemstone but she LOVES lime green. She's been very good, so far, about keeping to the regimen. And she says her ears don't hurt (a big relief for both of us). I'll have to upload a photo shortly. My, where do the years go?

No comments: