Yes, I was one of many who was out at oh-dark-thirty in the morning last Friday in hopes of getting that perfect deal for Christmas. Translation: I was in line at Sears at 4:30 for the 5:00 opening. My goal: To pick up one of the advertised specials. A Sony Cybershot digital camera for Samantha. It retails for around $160 (+/-) but they had it as a doorbuster for $89. I was armed with the sale ad and zigzagged my way to the electronics department as soon as the doors were opened. Lucky me, I happened upon a salesgal who didn't already have a customer latched on to her. She headed to the stockroom to get the precious camera, then walked me to the cashier. Within 15 minutes, I was outta there! No joke!
Next stop was Penney's (since the other stores didn't open until 6:00). I got the kids some clothes and was out in short order. Made a quick stop at Auntie Anne's (cinnamon sticks and some milk) before heading to Bath & BodyWorks. Even got some refills for our fragrance plug-in that were $5 each! Total score! Trotted over to Claire's (Samantha's recently-pierced ears will need a new wardrobe) and Limited Too (her fave clothing store these days). Oh, did you know that Ltd Too also sells FunKeys (a new item that's on Nicholas' list)? Didn't buy anything there cuz I had Too Bucks that weren't good until Saturday (but they held my stuff for me).
Did the majority of my shopping, then headed home to join the family for breakfast - IHOP seems to be our Black Friday family spot to eat (has been for the last 3 years anyway). Then Samantha and I headed out for round 2 of shopping. Had to get some toys for the toddler cousins (hit FM for this instead of the traditional Toys R Us) since I'd already purchased some clothing items for the 3 new girl babies in the family. Still have some gift cards to buy but they won't be too difficult. Probably the hardest part will be remembering where I hid them between now and Christmas!
The other good news? Mat was able to put up the lights on the front of the house. With his hand still not 100%, we opted to just do the minimum ladder climbing this year. We'll also forego buying a Christmas tree this year (sniff, sniff). Oh, we'll have a tree. But we usually have a real one upstairs (the main floor) and our prelit fake in the basement. But with the flood, the basement is a shambles. No room to do any downstairs decorating. So, we'll use the fake one upstairs for this year. Heavy sigh! Yes, kinda sad for all of us, but sometimes you just have to deal with reality. It is okay (as Ali Edwards would say).
No comments:
Post a Comment