Saturday, October 18, 2008

Goblins and Goodies...it's almost that time

Less than two weeks till Halloween. Last night, we attended the annual Spaghetti Feed and Costume Party for our office staff. This year, only Nicholas dressed up (in his costume from last year). Neither of the kids were quite ready yet with this year's costumes but we still wanted to attend. I mean, come on! Five dollars to feed our entire family of four. Spaghetti (3 sauce choices), meatballs, salad, garlic bread, and ice cream sandwiches/drumsticks. They had BINGO for the kids (but called it G-H-O-S-T instead) and had 3 different "guess how many items are in the jar" contests. So, we walked out the door with one $20 gift card to Pizza Hut, one $10 gift card to Wendy's, one $5 gift card to McDonald's, and one movie ticket! Oh...I even got to take home some leftover clam sauce (YUMMMY!).

In anticipation of Halloween, I posted a challenge at Treasures To Scrap called "Double, Double, Toil? No Trouble!" Basically, find a double print of a photo you like and use it on two different LOs in two different ways. Here are my samples:

The photos were taken when Samantha got her first pair of pointe shoes. She was (and still is) so happy. I enlarged it to 8x10 then cropped out some of the distracting background.


The second LO uses that same photo (the 4x6 version), cropped, and tucked behind a glitter frame. The focus is on the journaling; a letter from me to Samantha. The first LO was more about "the event"; this one is more about "the moment".


And Happy Birthday to my mom. I'm sure she and dad are celebrating the day, while looking down upon us from above.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

oops, been a while since I buzzed over here...

LOVE both these LOs. I especially love the story of the first, and the colors of the second. :-)