Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Taste of Nutcracker

I don't have my candid photos ready to upload just yet. However, I do have some photos that were taken by the dad of one of our dancers. Rick Reil is a fabulous photographer and just happens to own Realife Photography. He's done our photos every year (every year that we've been involved in the Nutcracker)...and every year, the photos are fabulous! Here are the ones that he took of Samantha and her friends, uploaded with permission from him.

Of her two parts, this was her favorite. Think it's because the costume was more of your traditional "ballet" attire. And, although the gals didn't wear their pointe shoes in the Nutcracker, they all wore them for their photos.


Here she is in her other part, a Rat. I think she looks adorable (don't tell her I said that), and the costumes are really pretty cool when you see them onstage with the lighting and choreography.


Here are 6 of the 12 Marzipan corps. They are all Junior Company girls and some of her closests friends.


In this one, they added "Clara" to the mix.


And finally, for a little fun, the gals chose to do a pose as tribute to their Nutcracker parts.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Cute pictures. She is such a cutie - love the more traditional look. :-)