Another gorgeous day for us. And we have the day off. But let's not forget WHY we have it off. Please remember all of those who gave their lives so that we are able to enjoy the many freedoms that come with being an American.
Mat thought we should go out for breakfast so opted for Denny's. Not so much that we wanted Denny's but it's next to our favorite donut shop. With it being Memorial Day, we weren't sure if the donut shop would be open (it wasn't) but it allowed us to check while having breakfast and NOT have to go in two different directions to learn that.
Then Samantha and I headed back to the mall for a quick trip. She had an Aero gift card to spend and she wanted to check a couple of other places with her $$ in hand (unlike yesterday). She got a cute yellow tee at Aero, then we hit Old Navy. She thought she'd seen an ad for $1 flipflops. Yes, she did...but it was just for Saturday. Lesson Learned for Samantha: Read ads closely for details.
I received an email from Bath and Bodyworks saying those cute lil hand sanitizers were on sale for $1 each (Samantha loves these) so we headed there. The gal told me the ad was just for "online purchases" but they would honor the discount. Hmmmm... Now, I'm sure you're thinking "the mom also needs to read those ads". And I'm pretty sure I did. So, as soon as we got home, I checked my email. Sure enough, the ad states "In Stores - Today Only!". I'd have been very upset if they had not offered to match the price. I hate to have had to drive back but I would have. It's the principle of the thing, ya know!
Think we'll head to the pool at the club for a little swimming. Haven't done that in a while and the kids really want to go. Hope your day is as relaxing as mine has been!
No comments:
Post a Comment