Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School is Cool!

At least, I think our kids would agree. I know they were both very excited and anxious for school to start again...which it did on Monday. Yep, no more summer vacay. Time to hit the books again.

We started the day with our annual tradition of the "first day of school breakfast". This year, we hit Shari's. And who should walk in but Cindy and her family. Great minds, huh? Snapped the requisite photos outside the restaurant and in the booth. Cindy and I even swapped camera duty to get shots of the entire family for scrapbooking. We both "get it" when it comes to capturing these moments.

Our first stop (post-breakfast) was to the middle school. Yes, Samantha is a 7th grader this year. She was thrilled to see many of her school friends after the 3 month hiatus. She ran into many before first period and compared class schedules. She actually has a class with one of her BFFs, Rachel. Last year, they didn't have a single class together. This year, it's only P.E. but that's better than nuttin'.

Nicholas started 4th grade, though we didn't take him to school (dropped him off at Y; he rides the bus to his school). I think he was glad to visit/play with friends again. We're just happy that they both look forward to school each year.

But I know that Samantha's day was made when she got to the dance studio. She loves ballet. She loves her friends. She loves that she and many of her friends were moved up to the next intermediate level. Yep, all is right with the world.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Summer sure flew by, didn't it?! It's great that both your kids enjoy school - hope that continues.