Technically, that was yesterday. October 1 is the first day of our fiscal year. Which means that September 30 was our last. And the last day (and the week before) are usually crazy-frantic-hectic. It could've been a lot worse (we had one new system to contend with this year), but it wasn't nearly as bad as we'd thought. I ended up working from 7:45am to 10:15pm (ugh!) but I'll get comp time to use later. We had plenty to do and, thanks to our bosses, plenty to eat as we pretty much grazed during the day. Let me just say that it's not that fun eating at the puter while you are trying to get everything done.
So, what else has been happening, you ask? Well, Samantha is very excited that Nutcracker parts have finally been posted. This year, she will be a fairy and part of the Russian corps. The fairy part isn't as exciting for her, as she's been a fairy twice before. There appears to be more higher level dancers in the fairy group this time around so maybe (fingers crossed) the dancing will be more "meaty". As for dancing in the Russian piece, she is totally excited!
Nicholas is getting ready to start playing AAU basketball. Mat will be coaching his team. This will be our first experience with AAU, but it was time for Nicholas to "step up" and play at a higher level. He hasn't been challenged the past couple of years and even played "up" last year (he played with 5th/6th graders on Samantha's Upwards basketball team). We think he'll enjoy the competition more and I know Mat is very excited to coach HIS passion. As much as he enjoys coaching Nicholas' baseball teams, Mat's love is basketball.
As for me, I'm the proud owner of a couple of new "toys". I finally ordered my new puter. It's the Apple Macbook Pro (yep, taking the plunge and got me a Mac). It just arrived this week and I'm expecting the final "piece" to arrive today (according to FedEx). It's the upgrade to the OS (Snow Leopard - they forgot to ship it with the rest of the order). I'll get to load that this weekend. Then I'll add iWorks (it's Apple's variation to Microsoft Office) and Aperture 2 (variation of Adobe's PSE). Even got a red-and-black case. Very excited to get started!.
The other "toy" is my new phone. But it's not just ANY old phone. It's the Blackberry Tour. Yes, I'm now connected to the Net and get to keep up on my emails and FB, etc. Still LOTS to learn about this gadget but so far, it's very cool. I think I need to give it a name...what do you think? And what this also means is that Samantha finally got the cell phone that she's been wanting. Okay, so technically it's not a new phone (it's my old one), but it's new to HER. And she seems to love it (I know I did). And with the cool green plaid case, it's almost like a new phone!
Oh...my BB just reminded me that I have an appointment at 11:15. I have a one-hour massage (using the gift cert that Mat and the kids gave me earlier this year. Ahhhhhhh.....
No comments:
Post a Comment