Today is a Federal holiday so Mat is home. I'm home, but because I'm retired. Still sounds strange to say that. As a retiree, there are so many things that I have on my "to do" list. I know I have plenty of time to knock off those things. Just take 'em one at a time. But, of course, it's not happening as fast as I'd like.
However, there's one huge benefit that we've already seen. Family time at dinner time. The first week, we were able to have dinner as a family for 4 night in a row. Monday through Thursday. I can't remember the last time that we were all able to have dinner at home, together as a family, four weeknights in a row...not counting on vacation. It's been great! Truly. I realize that this may not always happen. It depends a great deal on the kids' activity schedules. But when the opportunity presents itself, I want to be able to make it happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment