Geesh! We've been without internet service since late Sunday. Had hoped it was a neighborhood thing but it's looking more and more like it's just our house. DH phoned to get a service call to our place. They fit us in at their earliest convenience...today between 2 and 4 pm. Three days of no NET access. But they were honest...it was at THEIR earliest convenience (obviously not ours). So, for those of you who've emailed me in the past several days, that's why I haven't responded. As for this blog entry, it's called "use my lunch hour at work to post"...and yes, it's okay for me to do so.
Today is also kindergarten registration at our elementary school (our youngest will be granted the title of "student" this August). In years past, the school had allowed parents to line up on registration day. "First come, first served" in getting the teacher and timeslot you wanted. As of this year, no more of that. Guess they didn't like seeing the line of parents with their lawn chairs and Starbuck's mochas. Just one question: Why couldn't they have waited one more year? Instead, we'll just submit our packets during a two-hour window. Included in this packet is a form where each student's parent(s) can explain any critical information for placement of their child. I'm sure we'll all use similar buzzwords and phrases for requesting Teacher "A" over Teacher "B" (...or vice versa). I think DH and I did a pretty good job of including all the "right things" in our writeup. I just keep wondering if I should have included the following in that writeup... "Teacher A: Our daughter was in your class during the #### school year. As you may recall, I served as room mother for her class. As I recall, the various activities went off without a hitch. Would love to do the same for your class again this year. Oh, and no additional "thanks" are required for that awesome scrapbook album I made for your end of school year gift." Maybe it would have been a little too over-the-top. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait to see how it all plays out.
No comments:
Post a Comment