Sunday, April 10, 2005

The end of Spring...

Okay, maybe it's not really the end of spring - just the end of spring break. Then again, it wasn't the best of spring breaks - as you already know. The one wonderful thing about this last day of spring break is that my family is returning home! We'd planned our spring break vacation for months (at least 5, if not more). Heading to the coast with two other families for 4 days of sand, surf, sun and fun. Well, plans have to be changed when your dad is hospitalized. However, I didn't want the kids to miss out on the fun they've been anxiously awaiting so I asked DH ("darling hubby" for those new to all these acronyms) to take them as planned. Did I miss them? You betcha! But I sent our digital camera so I should have tons of photos to look through (they also have both memory cards - 512M and 1G). There's enough space on those disks to snap pics of the kids, of the beach, of the sites...heck, pics of other people snapping pics! And with two other moms (both scrappers) also in attendance, I should have access to plenty of photos to scrap. I even had the kids promise to bring me back some sand and seashells. Gotta have 'em to make a shaker box or some other "way kewl" scrappin' embellishment, right?

Right now, I'm sitting in our living room with the door to the deck open. I can hear the sounds of our chimes as a light breeze finds its way through our backyard. No other sound except the tap-tap-tap of my fingers on the laptop's keyboard. Guess I'm not used to this much quiet. There should be a couple of kids' voices resounding through the house. Mom, where's dad? Mom, I'm hungry! Mom, I can't find Hippo...I know I left him right here. Guess I'll try to enjoy it for a little while longer - but that's all. Gee, I can't wait for the family to get home!

No comments: