Sunday, April 17, 2005

It's almost Monday!

I can't believe the weekend is almost over! It seems like we never have enough time left from the work week to accomplish all the things we need to around the house...or even time to "just do nuttin'!" After church service, we had a nice lunch with friends at everybody's favorite spot, McDonald's. Okay...it's "everybody's favorite" if everybody is under 10 years of age. The free McFlurries were a nice treat. We still have coupons to go through from a local Girl Scout event called "Cookies and Dreams". We bid on (and won) the silent auction donation from McDonald's. It was a bag filled with many McD's kids toys, etc. (not the part of the auction we were keying in on). The main item was "one free McD's Extra Value Meal per week for one year". Fifty-two meals! Each runs between $4.50 and $5.50 after tax so the street value is well over $225. Our winning bid: $110. Less than half price. And since we have two kids (less than 8 years old), we hit McD's at least once per week. We'll definitely get our money's worth on this one. To top it off: There were ten free McFlurry coupons tucked into the bag. Thus, today's free dessert!

More Sunday highlights: The kids are playing with neighbors from across the street and I've got to meet up with some of my scrapper friends to pick up their entries to a circle journal we've got to mail this week. Actually, I need to ship out two but who's counting? At least I've been communicating with "T" (my girlfriend in UT) who I'll be sending to. She's got all the specs for these to CJs so can start working. Between some missed handoffs before me, then my dad's passing, these two are running a tad bit behind schedule. But we'll be back on track as soon as these leave...well, I'm hoping to get the next CJ from Cindy so I can honestly say I'm back on track.

We've got some extra marshmellows (albeit all stuck together) and some Rice Krispies sitting on the kitchen counter. Think I'll go make up a batch of rice krispy treats so the kids can have some...that is, if I don't devour most of the pan first. These things have always been a favorite of mine since my mom used to make them for us. They're easy to make - a good thing since they are also addicting!

No comments: