Never fails. Every time we have a day off, we also seem to have a long list of "to do's" that need to be accomplished. Today was no exception. The morning was relatively mild so we took advantage of the weather and did some yard work. I pruned a few more rose bushes - all of which should have been pruned many weeks ago. Just because the forsythia bloom doesn't mean I have extra time in my schedule to deal with our roses (sad to say). And a couple are climbers which I have let get a little too unruly. So it's a hard prune on several of those branches, too.
I did take 15 minutes before the roses to snap a few photos of DD in front of our flowering dogwood before the sun was out full force. Good thing. Not too long after I started pruning, it started sprinkling. Later, that sprinkle turned into rain and lightning. "I think the rainy day took over the sunny day," said my DS as we drove to the mall. Yes, it would seem that way, honey.
When we got home, I was able to upload and order prints of some of our more recent digital photos. I hope that when these arrive, they'll motivate me to get scrapping again. I'm in a funk right now, which is a bad thing when you're on two design teams and need to help fill a Gallery or two. Well, I'm still holding out hope for PKPT (Paper Kutz Power Team). It's one of the major scrapbooking contests held each year. I didn't make the cut for HOF (Hall of Fame). Creating Keepsakes' annual issue - the one that every scrapper dreams of being inducted into. Someday...yes, someday.
The good news? I did finish my article for One Scrappy Site. One final edit, scan some layouts, and the article can be submitted. Whoosh! One more thing marked off my "to do" list. And Angie's paying a visit to the Scrapbook Jungle as part of her Virtual Book Tour. Monday's the big night and I think everyone will really enjoy all the games that are planned. Rachel's trivia game generated quite a bit of interest so I'm sure it'll be a great day.
For now, I've got a couple of kids to tend to. So, off to join them in ToonTown...
No comments:
Post a Comment