My oh my...where'd the weekend go? It was a semi-productive one, even if it seemed like we didn't get to half the things we wanted to. DH and I had a Friday night out. We attended a work-related fundraiser. A wine tasting and auction, the items are all donated by fellow workers or group of workers, and the proceeds go towards our "morale" fund. Subsidizes things like the holiday party, kids Easter egg hunt, etc. DH and I donated 2 sets of 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies. The first batch went for $45, the second for $43. WOW! No pressure to make these cookies the best I've ever baked, right? Luckily, the two winners are friends (beyond work) - one couple we've known since before we were married. DH actually bid on and won 4 dozen snickerdoodles for the coworkers in his office.
Saturday took us to a local carnival (benefitting a Catholic school) where DD performed with her cheer group. We captured it on video (via DH) and I snapped photo after photo on the camera. She did great! We were so proud of her. And she was oh-so-excited from the night before when she received her letter that said she'd been moved up 2 levels in cheer (she's now in the advanced class). As you'll recall (if you read my blog, anyway) that she decided NOT to tryout for the competition squads. Thus her placement on the highest level rec class. I watched a couple of gals who I believe made the competition squad. Not that I'm a proud mom (which I am) but I'm sure she'd have made the competition squad had she decided to pursue it. She said maybe next year. But that's only if she's ready to give up ballet. And from what I've seen, I doubt that will be the case.
After the performance, I spent about 5 hours at our lss attending a crop for our "Croppers Club" members. There were only 3 of us attending this week (quite unusual) but one of my best gal pals was there so I had a fun time. I made a major dent in completing 2 circle journals as well as a gift album. Even started a LO for myself before heading home. Each of the kids had a friend stay the night. Guess I was feeling a little guilty for leaving DH with all 4 of them...even though he "reprimanded" me for leaving the crop early. He's such an awesome dude!
Finally, we hit Sunday. Church service followed by lunch at DQ. A quick visit with my stepmom, then back to the house for some yardwork and checking my favorite sb websites. As you can see, the weekend was short but jam-packed with fun.
"Gotta Do It!" challenge:
Today, I spent some time pruning the roses in the yard. Yes, I know that I'm waaay late on this task but you do what you can, when you can. Flowers in the yard...flowers on your page. Both bring a smile to your face. Scrap a LO using floral patterned paper. Get into the Spring of things in your scrapping room, as well as your garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment