Tuesday, August 9, 2005

Three Cheers for the Scrappin' Biker Babes!

Yes, that was the name of our dorm at CKU-A. Remember how stressed I was about hearing (or NOT hearing) about dorm announcements? Well, we got word on the Wednesday before we left that ours was one of the three dorms selected to perform! How kewl is that! As soon as I heard, I started notifying dormies about our selection! I even called a few and started singing part of the song to them over the phone. Only one (oh Connie…) didn’t figure out right away why I was singing to her! LOL. At first, she thought I was her Secret Sister (…and wondered why her SS knew the lyrics to our dorm’s song)! We were all thrilled beyond words and planned to meet at the hotel on Wednesday night to rehearse. It was the first meeting for most of us and we hit it off well. We just clicked! Our “choreography” was simple but it worked for the oh-so-cool Biker Babes. But let’s not get ahead of ourselves…

The drive to UT was great fun! We stopped in Boise to visit and stay with a friend of Cindy’s. We had a great time. Dinner at Cracker Barrel (yummmers!) then a dip in their pool. The next day, a shorter drive got us to Tracy’s house for two days of shopping, cropping, eating, and visiting. What fun! Her family is just AWESOME! The kids all end up having a sleepover in the living room so that we can use their bedrooms. I feel putting them out like that – I do hope they know just how much we appreciate their hospitality and letting us share some time with them for a few days. Of course, her store (Simple Pleasures, Priceless Treasures) was our first shopping stop. And did we drop some cash there – as always! She has some waaay cool stuff that we don’t carry (and never will) in WA.

Tracy set up a tour at the SEI warehouse for the Yahoo board members. How fun was that! We got to see the “inner workings” of SEI, including a sneak peek at their upcoming Christmas line of papers (shhhh! Don’t tell their competition but it’ll be a great set!). They also gave us some samples and had some drawings for freebies (I didn’t win but they had some cool stuff). Lots of ladies bought and I heard that the SEI store had their best sales day ever – thanks to Tracy!

We all then drove to Memories in Bountiful (one of our favs...did I mention this was our 2nd trip there in two days?) and happened to meet up with Marcia and Amy (our dormies from Wisconsin). These are two of the neatest ladies you could ever meet. They tagged along with us for a few more stores and some eats at Blimpies. We hit Mom and Me, Heartland Paper, and Paper Creations (love that store!).

Finally, we made our way to the Provo Marriott to meet up with friends (old and new) and start rockin’ as the Biker Babes. But I’ll stop here for today. Lots…and I mean LOTS…more to share! Be sure to check back in…

“Gotta Do It” challenge: I love SEI papers. Even before I went to the warehouse, I had most every one of their Simple Sets. And of course, I got more on this trip. If you haven’t picked up any of their line, you MUST! Then, pull out some of your fav SEI (which to choose?) and start scrapping. You can grab some of the original lines (Synergy, Serendipity, Scenery…) or some of their fun, newer lines (Aunt Gerties’ Garden, Grandma’s Kitchen, Hippy Chick). The new coasters are TOO FUN! We even helped pull together a quick “thank you” LO for Tracy to take to SEI. They rock!

No comments: