Monday, September 12, 2005

Boy, has it been a LONG week!

For the past week, DH has been working late nights and this past weekend on a review team. So, I've been doing double-duty as mom AND dad. Normally, it's dad who takes the kids to school so I got to do that this past week. This is the fun part of the deal. It's the evenings...and chauffeuring to/from various activities that has started to take its toll on me. For all you single moms (and dads) out there, let me just say this...."I'm not worthy!" I don't have to do this full-time, but if I did - I'd be beat! This weekend happened to be more action-packed than most, so that may have added to the craziness.

Friday night, we were invited to one of our CA gang's house for dinner and visiting. No problem. Except I had to get there with food at 5pm (okay, I got there before 5:30), then go pick up DD from cheer class and transport her to her BF's bday/sleepover, and back to our friend's house (thank goodness they have an arcade game to keep our youngest occupied).

Saturday morning, pick up DD in time to get her to Nutcracker auditions at 10am, home for lunch, then a cheer performance at a local Harvest Festival (be there at 12:30). Stayed to watch the performance, played some games, then watched the competing gym's cheer and dance squads perform. Finally head home. Visit by my friend Diana - who was delivering SEI product that I'd purchased while at CKU Provo (mailed with her purchase to save shipping costs). Then at 5pm, DH came home so we could go to dinner at Tony Roma's - his idea! Thank goodness he didn't ask me to cook (what a guy!).

Sunday - church service, then bday party at local ice skating rink (our youngest's first time on the ice and he did great! Natural athlete.), followed by a drive to the river. Our church had our annual baptisms at the river...and DD's BF was being baptized (the one with the sleepover on Friday night). So we had to be there for that.

Needless to say, this mom is TIRED! But this hectic schedule should only last for one (maybe two) more days. Tonight is swimming (can I "please" sit in the hottub for a while?). Just remember to pull me out if I fall asleep and start to drown!

"Gotta Do It" challenge: Crazy schedules can be found in everyone's life. Bet if you looked at your day planner, you'd see a similar schedule. Try scrapping a LO that includes a page from your calendar or day planner. It's a way to capture a little bit of real life. Photo optional. Journaling - a must!

No comments: