Friday, September 16, 2005

T - G - I ...

Friday! I don't know about you but I'm wiped out! Between the "up all night with sick kid" mama disease, the "my back is killing me - we need a new mattress" syndrome, and this morning's "MOM! I had a bad dream" event, I think I need a good LONG night's sleep (which won't happen cuz of the "new mattress" syndrome. Anyways, youngest is on the mend. Back to school and eating again. But I gotta share this little interchange from Tuesday night. Because he couldn't keep anything down for about 1.5 days, we moved to the BRAT diet (you know, Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast). I then explained the whole BRAT diet thing to the kids - you know, going over each of the letters and explaining why he needs to eat this diet for a day or so (not cuz he's a brat but cuz of his tummy).

Anyway, I made white rice as a side dish (specifically with him in mind)...and potstickers to go with (for the rest of us). He was soooo bummed.

DS: Potstickers? I LOVE potstickers!
Mom: Sorry honey, you can't have those tonight.
DS: No? Just one?
Me: I'm sorry, love. They aren't good for your tummy just now.
DS: Man...I wish there was a "P" in the brat diet - then I could have a Potsticker.
That's when mom and dad started laughing!

We did save 4 potstickers just for him (which he gobbled up last night). So good to see him better.

"Gotta Do It" challenge: Everyday life can be so exciting, huh? Ya might not think so as it's happening, but let me tell ya. When you're confronted with something different to deal with - whether it's a temporary situation like a sick child or something extreme like the residents of New Orleans are facing - "everyday normal" is a great thing! So, document something you do "everyday" in your "normal" life. A simple task like driving the kids to sports. Or perhaps making a favorite meal like potstickers. Or perhaps, one of the drudgeries of life...like doing laundry, dusting, or vacuuming. Yes, Becca, this final "challenge" is specifically targeting YOU, girlfriend! Go grab a dustrag and get dusting. And when you're done, swing by my place...it could use a thorough cleaning, too! ;D

2 comments:

Scrapacat said...

Wow - Emily! You've been watching me (where is that hidden camera??). I actually broke down and CLEANED UP my scrap area. I was so excited, that I sat right down and messed it up again. But the encouragement to be productive just couldn't be ignored. That's for the 'unknowing' nudge. Oh - I just wrote a 6x8" journaling section (typed) about mine & my son's personality from the color website - you remember earlier this summer? My challenge - scrap AND journal your color! ~ky P.S. Thanks for the encouragement on my boy's page...I really need it.

Scrapacat said...

This is a QVC ERROR CORRECTION post... Thanks should be exchanged for "that's" and needed should be exchanged for "need". We apologize for your incovenience and return you to your regular programming....