It's Sunday...and a beautiful day, it is! After attending morning service and a pleasant lunch with friends at a little restaurant hidden in a tiny strip mall (OMG...they had the best homemade pumpkin soup...yes, PUMPKIN soup), we made a quick run into Costco (okay, as quick as any Costco run can be on a weekend) and headed home. There aren't any "MUST DO's" on today's list so my plan is to hit the scrapbook room and see if I can crank out a LO that's brewing in my head.
Don't you just love these kinda days? No pressure of having to get something-or-other done. Time to relax and reflect on some simple things. Guilty pleasures that you don't always get to enjoy. Here are a few on my list:
1. Okay, I'll admit it. I like going to Costco on the weekend. Why? The samples! Admit it - you know you like walking the aisles and taking a nibble of this, a sip of that. You can actually enjoy the equivalent of a full meal if you plan it right! LOL
2. Sitting at the puter, checking out my favorite scrapbooking websites. I don't always have the time to get to them all (my apologies to those I don't hit regularly), but when I have a few spare moments, I like to visit as many as I can.
3. Playing cards with the kids. Not only is it relaxing, it's actually educational. The games we play require some strategizing along the way, as well as using math skills at the end of each hand to add up points.
4. Watching my shows. Since I have the pleasure of being my kids' chauffeur most weeknights, I can't always watch TV shows. So, we record 'em and watch 'em when we can. I'll admit it... I'm an "All My Children" fanatic. Been watching for years (decades). I remember when Erica Kane was trying to break up Phil and Tara. Does that date me or what! As for the newer shows, I'm hooked on "Desperate Housewives", "Commander in Chief", and "Invasion". There are others that appeal to me but I can't afford to get hooked on anything else.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: We all have guilty pleasures. And it's okay, as long as you don't let them take over your life. Tell me a little bit about some of yours. Create a LO sharing this side of YOU. Feel free to hide some of the details in an envelope or inside a tag or card.
No comments:
Post a Comment