OMG! Can you believe it's already November? Where has the year gone? I think it was the last time I blinked. Sure, I know Monday was Halloween, but that doesn't mean that November can already be here...right? I'm all for the upcoming holiday season (my favorite), but can I have a little time to prepare?
Speaking of Halloween, ours was great. Okay, could have gone south really fast since I had to work late that night (last minute "fire drill" to deal with). Luckily, we finished what had to be done so all us "moms" could go home and be with our kids for the festivities. And the weather was perfect (or close enough). The last several years, it's been freezing cold or windy (and cold) or rainy (and cold). This year, mild temps prevailed. It did start to sprinkle on us at the end of our walk but that was nothing! We probably could have done without one layer of sweats under costumes and coats (a first!).
The dual Darths did well in the candy department. At each door, someone commented about the two of them. "Wow! TWO Darth Vaders" "It's twin Darth Vaders" Etc, etc. Our son said out loud at one house "Everyone is saying that!" I think the best line came at my coworker's home. They were expecting us (and she knew both kids were dressed as Darth). When her DH answered the door, he called to her "Hon, the Vaders are here." I also like one of my own creations - Darth and Darther (think "Dumb and Dumber").
"Gotta Do It" challenge: I just did a LO for my Jungle DT using Around The Block products. They are our sponsor this month and BOY! do they have great stuff! Anyway, I used ATB's garden series of products for this LO. But I didn't use them in the typical way. Instead of using gardening photos, I used a shot of DH and the kids for the LO. The title is "You are the Harvest in my Garden". An unexpected use. I'm sure you have papers and embellishments in your stash that you may not have found a traditional use for. Well, try something a little different. Take a detour and so the unexpected. You'll be thrilled a the results.
http://www.scrapbookjungle.com/invision/showphoto.php?photo=10104&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500
No comments:
Post a Comment