Sometimes, things happen when you least expect them to. Sometimes good, sometimes not-so. Like Monday...we found out that our daycare provider is getting outta the biz. Well, our youngest is in kindergarten so needs a place from 11:30 (when morning session ends) until 3:00 (when afterschool YMCA begins). We have a few names/phone numbers and are waiting to hear back from some. Fingers crossed that we find a safe and happy place for him.
One of the options is at another inhome daycare near the school. My son's kindergarten teacher gave me the names of the individuals who run the daycare. A good friend of mine, Cindy (upon hearing of my plight) called a daycare provider she knew of and left a voicemail with my name and number. Just so happens that the teacher and my friend were thinking of the same provider. When I called myself, I got their son on the phone. As I left my message and mentioned that my kids attend the afterschool YMCA at school, the son mentions that he's a counselor for YMCA at our school. "So you must know my kids then." When I give him their names, he tells me "Yes, I know them. They're good kids. I'll put a good word in with my folks." His mom called later that evening and they happened to have an opening. So, I'm waiting for a call back from her to make an appointment to tour their home. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this is THE place for our little guy.
Today, as I was getting the kids ready for school, a coworker called me. She'd taken a call from another of our coworkers saying that our office building is without power. Apparently, a water line/water main(?) broke and flooded the basement of the building with 8 feet of water! Well, they had to turn off the power, etc., so we got an unexpected day off! Yeehaw! Okay, maybe I shouldn't be too excited but hey...it's a day off. With the number of comp time hours I've been putting in lately, it's nice NOT to have to go in. Rumor is that we may not be allowed back into the building until Friday (at the least); more likely on Monday. I'm wondering if my boss will call all of us for a meeting somewhere just to get an idea of what (if anything) critical may be slipping through the cracks.
Went to another PT session and my back seems to be getting better. I'm not 100% and still in pain, but the degree of pain is less.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: The unexpected. As I said before - sometimes, it's a good thing. So, try adding an unexpected twist to your LO. Perhaps its a LO for a male...using pink. Or adding an accent that you don't typically use. The unexpected will give your LO an unexpected lift.
No comments:
Post a Comment