Well....I'll tell ya where. At work! Over and over again. Yeppers. I happen to work in the world of budget and finance. And it so happens that September 30 is our fiscal year end. So, for the 2 weeks leading up to the 30th, I've been putting in lots of extra hours. LOTS. And just how many is "lots", you ask? Let me see. I haven't had a day off since September 18th. Pretty sad, huh? Oh, and just cuz September 30 has come and gone, don't think that's the end of it. Then came October 1st...fiscal year start-up. And it takes more than one day to implement our budget and actually close-out the old fiscal year. So, if nothing else, this explains my lack of posting here and at the various sites I typically frequent. So, my apologies to my buds at the CKU-Provo Yahoo board and the Scrapbook Jungle and One Scrappy Site and Mellie & Danelle's Personal Treasury Yahoo board and both the Chicago and San Jose CKU-A Yahoo boards. Doesn't mean I'm not trying to keep up on READING posts. I've just not had enough time to post responses.
So...what else has been happening (besides the long hours)? Let's see if I can do a Cliff Notes recap:
1. My aching back - Went to the chiro (he couldn't "see" anything wrong). Went to my GP who referred me to physical therapy. He thought it might be sciatica. PT thinks it could be protruding disk (also known as herniated or slipped disk). Have had 3 sessions and it seems to be helping (thank goodness). Still in pain be hopeful that it will lessen and eventually stop.
2. Good news on the cheer and ballet front - You know that they moved DD's ballet class which meant she had to give up her rec cheer class. With the schedule change, it freed up her Wednesday night (she already had Monday free). Well, the competition cheer squad (the one where the coach called me to say they had a spot for her, if she ever wanted one) practices Mondays and Wednesdays. See where we're going here? So...now she is on the competition cheer squad. Also, I talked with the ballet director and she was given an application for the Petite ballet company. I made sure that the director knew about the cheer dates before DD accepted the spot on the cheer team (her preference is ballet and she didn't want to do anything to hurt her chances of dancing in the company). The director said she should go ahead and do both. Cheer ends at the end of March and the ballet company doesn't start rehearsing until after The Nutcracker ends in December (so only 3 months of overlap).
3. Nutcracker: Although she was cast as a battle mouse again this year, DD is okay with it. She loved performing last year so the role wasn't as big a deal as being cast. She also knows that next year, if she is in the Petite company, she'll get a "meatier" role. And as she gets older and if she keeps dancing, she'll have opportunities at other roles. "Mom, I wanna be Clara!" And a beautiful Clara she would be!
4. I'm leading a Trading Pages swap over at the Jungle. Ten ladies signed up. I paired them up so that each has a partner. They will swap photos with the other scrapper and each will create two 2-page LOs for their partner. We did it last year and had a great time. I was honored to have Kathy scrap some photos of our kids. The LOs were incredible! Loved all three of them. Yes, Kathy sent me 3 LOs! And I couldn't have been more thrilled. It was very different to scrap someone else's photos but I had fun creating something new for Kathy.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: You probably figured out that the Trading Pages swap is an off-shoot of Trading Spaces, the TV reality show. It's really loads of fun to watch, as are all the other reality shows on the airwaves. So, what's you favorite? Create a LO based on your fav reality show. And if you can't think of a way to incorporate the show into your page, use the show's title as the title of a LO. Go ahead. It's "Must See T.V." at its finest.
No comments:
Post a Comment