I cannot believe we're already in to February! Wasn't it just days ago that we were singing Auld Lang Syne? Geeesh! Time DOES fly. So, what's happened over the past month? Besides driving kids to ballet, cheerleading, school, rehearsals, etc.....
Well, a biggie was just last week when my baby girl turned nine. Nine? Did I say nine? Boy, am I feeling older by the minute. She was just in diapers, wasn't she? We celebrated her big day with just the family. She got to pick what she wanted to do. So, after church, it was "Cheaper by the Dozen - 2". Not a bad flick, actually. She got the first one on DVD for Christmas and now wants this one, too. And for dinner....Outback! Yes, she DOES take after her mom. BBQ ribs are her favorite so it was either there or Tony Roma's. Since she prefers Outback's Bloomin' Onion to TR's Onion Loaf (so do I), she opted for Outback. We even picked up her Nana on the way so she could join us. That was our girl's idea. What a gal! The bday party for friends will have to wait until late March or early April. Yep! Between ballet rehearsal and production weekend -and- cheerleading competitions, her weekends aren't open until the end of March. Such is the life of an active girl!
So, in the mean time, we'll just have to get ready for the other two bdays. Yes, DH and DS have their big days coming up soon. I'm the one with the summer bday. The rest of them are in the dead of winter.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: Boy, I'm neglected this for too long. So, to get back into the swing of things, how about a challenge tied to birthdays. Yes, scrap a LO of your big day. Or your child's. Or a dear friend. Birthday LOs are always fun to do...so GO DO ONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment