Okay, up until now, I was starting to think that I'd become numb to the CKU experience. I mean, all the other CKUs I've attended had be going nuts with anticipation and getting ready, etc., etc. Don't get me wrong. I was going crazy on the evening of registration. Sweaty palms. Anxiety attacks. All the usual symptoms. If I'd have known before I logged on that Chicago was going to sell-out in 18 minutes, I would probably have been even worse for the wear. But, I made it through and got all my first choices.
So, why does it seem the lead-up to this CKU hasnt' been the same as my last 3? I think it ties to the timing of this one. Registration was early December...which led straight into DD's performance in "The Nutcracker". Then vacation and Christmas. And a family wedding. And now, several cheer competitions and rehearsals for DD's spring ballet production. I think I've just got too many OTHER things to worry about which are pushing CKU to the outer edges...for now.
But, a big shift in the tide has occurred. Our dorm has met a big milestone! I wish I could tell ya here and now....but I can't! I'd have to kill ya! And my dormies would kill ME! Suffice it to say that the excitement is starting to build and I know this CKU will be just as fun as the others. And the added bonus is the reunion of half the Scrappin' Biker Babes dorm from Provo. Four of my fellow "babes" will be in Chi-town and a part of this dorm. Can't wait to see these gals again, plus many of my other Provo pals. Like Ms. Renee K, who we are lucky enough to have as a fellow dormie this go-around. And Ms. Becca S, who I tried to convince to join the dorm. She assured me that I was not the reason for her declination! ;D
I just need to get my rear in gear and start printing photos and pulling together my swap. I'm only in one this time (but I'm in for 2 groups). The dorm will do a post-CKU circle journal swap. And I just don't have enough time to keep up on everything right now. I am leading the QOTD (Question of the Day) in hopes of getting the lurkers to come out and share with the rest of the crowd. And it helps us to get to know each other a little better.
Well, time to get the kiddos to bed. Hope your evening is as uneventful as mine... which means getting home at a decent hour cuz the kid activity level was low.
"Gotta Do It" challenge: I mentioned that I'm doing the QOTD. Why don't you do the same? Think of a fun question and ask it of your family members. Then, take their responses and scrap them! The QOTD could be anything. What's your favorite TV show? How do you know that your mom (or dad) loves you? What makes you laugh? So here's my question to you.... When are you gonna do this challenge?
1 comment:
No, no pal--you're not the reason I declined joining your dorm. As much fun as I know it will be, I just don't think I'm a dormy-kind-of-gal! You know I'll totally be in the front row, camera in hand cheering you on though, right?
If anything, I would have considered doing the dorm thing (for the first time) simply because it was you who asked!
xoxo,
Becca
Post a Comment