Wednesday, April 26, 2006

CKU-A Chicago....revisited

Day 3...
I always hate the final day of CKU. Not because the classes aren't good or the teachers get boring. Rather, because I know it's almost over! The classes were, again, very cool. Marcia and I didn't have a "bad" one in the bunch. Sure, some aren't nearly as fun/cool as others, but I don't remember a stinker in the bunch (and believe me, there have been some, even at CKU).

The final night was sort of a disappointment for our dorm. We thought we had a chance at some of the contests but, alas, it was for naught. But a big YIPPEE to Marcia and Amy for winning one of the prizes for their poster. Big gate-folded, interactive thing with lots of pics. And we all enjoyed the photo montage at the end (say several of the Scrappy Biz dormies). But the graduation ceremony just isn't the same without LB reading off the 50 states (in order and by memory)! They called off album tracks, one by one, and we stood as a group. It was okay...just not quite the same. I guess for me, I need LB to be in attendance or it's not really CKU.

So, after commencement, our dormies (me, Amy, Marcia, Renee, Rita, Paula, and Maria) headed to the hotel bar and had one last hoorah as a dorm. Unfortately, I probably should not have (1) had those 2 martinis without (2) having much of a dinner and (3) staying up too late for a (4) wakeup call at 4am when (5) the time change meant I'd lose an hour. Let me tell ya, 4am came much too early for me. Luckily, at that hour, there isn't much traffic on the way to the airport on Sunday morning. I got there with enough time to get my stuff checked in (remember, I had to deal with the box I got from Hobby Lobby since United would not check my baggage back at my departure point.

And the saga continues....later.

No comments: