That's a great way to describe how Samantha feels about how her room redo is coming along. Last night (after dance clinic and Nicholas' soccer game), we returned home to see how much more work dad had put into her room. All the painting was done. All the wood trim was attached to the walls. The two little accent shelves (which I'd previously repainted) were on the wall. The 3 big pieces of furniture were in place. She wanted to sleep in her room last night (she's been on her mattress on the floor in Nicholas' room). Sorry, Hon - paint fumes still in the room so we'll let it air out one more day.
One the way home from soccer, we even stopped at Craft Warehouse to look at (and eventually bought) some more stuff for the room. First on the list: apple green chiffon with little flocked circles. It was one large piece (96"x56" or so) so I cut it in half lengthwise and then wrapped it around the curtain rod. Two large pink gerbera daisies (about 18" across) were added on either end of the rod, then ivy and pink cosmos (also purchased last night). After she went to sleep, I did the window treatment. And it looks sooooo cool, if I do say so myself! I'll post photos sometime soon (I haven't posted photos to my blog yet since I knew that would be one more addiction I'd have to make time for). When I called her today from work she was so excited! "I love it, mom!" Good...I knew she would but it's always reassuring to hear it. KWIM? I just need to stamp the "favorite things" on the wall then paint the brackets for her stuffed animal shelves so Dad can re-mount them. The room is almost done...and it's a HIT!
1 comment:
Hey I tagged you - check out my blog!
Can't wait to see the final project!
Post a Comment