Okay, I've been waay too busy. I must have been since I haven't posted in...forever! So, what's up with me, you ask? Here goes....
1. The End of School: Yes, can you believe it? The entire school year is through. And I no longer have a kindergartener! He's now a big kid. Starting in the fall, he'll be going to school all day, like his big sister! He's excited about that. Even during summer, he'll get to join his sister at Y daycamp. Before this summer (and school), he was at daycare.
2. Dance recital - Another season of ballet has come and gone. And this means another year-end recital. This year, DD only danced in one piece but we got to see all the numbers during the evening recital. Ballet, tap, jazz, musical theatre, even a pointe demo. And we had great weather for it (since it's an outdoor recital, we always hope for good weather).
3. Camping at Plymouth - Our second attempt and it was another success! This time, it was a two-nighter. Spent one day driving to the Maryhill Museum and Stonehenge along the Columbia River. A quick drive to The Dalles and our favorite pizza place, Spooky's! Follow that up with a Burgerville milkshake and you've got yourself a great dinner! We took the kids' bikes so they got to ride around the campgrounds. Never have I seen them have so much fun riding around and around in a big circle! They go in a little bit of fishing, but the only thing biting that night were the mosquitos. And this time, Sebastian (our Yorkie) made the trip with us. He seemed to really enjoy himself and we loved having him with us.
4. CKU-A San Jose: Can you say...FABU? I had a great time getting to see many of my friends from past CKUs and making new friends. Got to room with my 3-time dormie, Kim (wavin' atcha, Kim!), plus got to meet a very cool scrapper named Yvonne (from Minnesota...home of the VIKINGS!). We had a fun time as we passed each other in the room/halls/etc. Started off the festivities with the Magical Tour Bus. Two chartered buses, each filled with 40+ scrappers being driven from one LSS to another. I found some great finds plus got to meet my soon-to-be Personal Treasury buddies, Carol and Kim (a mom-and-daughter team from Davis, CA). What a pair of great scrappers (both talented and such wonderful people). I also got to peek at my Secret Sister, Jean (though she didn't know I was her SS at the time). Unfortuately, she was on the other bus so I decided not to reveal myself just then.
The Personal Treasury track was everything I'd hoped and more! Danelle Johnson was the big kahuna and her stuff totally rocks! I am honored to have met her at a couple of previous CKUs plus visiting with her on the PT Yahoo board and she is such a sweetie. She was one of the main reasons that I've anxiously awaited my San Jose trek. The other reason: Melodee Langworthy. Mellie is Danelle's partner in crime. Yes! It's a crime that these two women can be so talented, personable, sweet, funny, crazy, inspiring, etc., and not let it go to their heads! I just love them! And the album that I completed (yes, completed...just one short week after returning home) is one of my best works. Both from a scrapping and emotional standpoint. I am so thrilled to have an album that contains some of my most treasured photos of the two incredible men in my life.
As an aside: During our album track, a beautiful album created by Nichol Magouirk went missing. Unfortunately, it was still missing after CKU commencement. I know that those of us in the PT family were devasted to hear this. We all hoped that it accidentally found its way into someone's bag and would be returned when it was discovered. Sadly, I have yet to hear that it has been returned to Nichol. So, if anyone should stumble upon this album, please find it in your heart to return it to Nichol. I know how much I cherish my PT album and how devasted I would be if it were taken. If you can't find Nichol, contact me and I'll be sure to get it back to her. No questions asked. Please!
The rest of my classes were pretty awesome, too. Canson's "Encyclopedia of Alterations, Volume 4" lived up to all the hype that came out of the class before ours. It's a stunning idea book of ideas. Loved it!
My Secret Sisters: I was spoiled rotten by Silence (the SS who had me). Many fun packages in the mail. And much of it used in my PT album. Probably didn't hurt that Silence was also in PT, doing the same blue album that I was so she knew exactly what would work. We even got to sit next to each other during the PT track and visit a bit. Even got a slice of the pizza that Silence's own SS had delivered to her on Friday night (toooo good!). Silence, you made my experience so much fun!
And Jean (the SS that I had)...I'm so glad we were able to have lunch together. And I'm glad I was able to keep the secret until then (I'm usually not good at this type of secret). I hope you enjoyed the SS swap as much as I enjoyed shopping for you.
And a big "thanks" to three special ladies - two I just met in San Jose (Jill and Josiane), one is a dear friend I made at CKU-A Provo 2005. Even got to meet her at her "office", the Jelly Belly factory (my buddy Heather). These 3 ladies helped me pull of the famous Rainbow Embellishment swap. With their assistance, I was able to collect swaps from sixty (yes, 6-0!) ladies and swap them out. Everyone was able to retrieve their goodies (and what great goodies they were) and leave San Jose with a little more color in their lives. Thank you!
All in all, it was a very good (albeit full) month of June!
1 comment:
Bout time you got in and updated! Summer is going well for ya!
Post a Comment