Saturday, August 5, 2006

Gotta love CZ....!

And I'm not talking cubic zirconia here. I'm talking Cathy Zielske. Scrapbook artiste extraordinaire. I've always loved her work. I have her book, "Clean and Simple". And I just picked up "Clean and Simple, The Sequel". After reading just one chapter, I was inspired to create my own clean and simple LO. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but I am thrilled to say "I LOVE IT!" I started with a fun photo of Nicholas during one of his little league games. The journaling didn't take too long, but it captures the essence of our little athlete to a tee (golf tee, LOL).

Here's the journaling:
He is strong. He is active. He is passionate for each sport. He immerses himself in each season. He practices with fervor. He runs. He jumps. He slides. He is always in motion. He dribbles. He shoots. He scores. He defends his goal. He swings for the fences…and someday, he’ll reach them. He relishes the game. He sometimes struggles. He always grows from the experience. He celebrates victories. He learns from defeat. HE IS AN ATHLETE.

So I figured, if I'm on a roll, why stop at one? I used the same journaling technique on a second LO of Samantha.

Journaling: She is spirited. She always has a smile on her face. She truly enjoys the sport. She jumps. She flips. She tumbles. She is a FORCE to be reckoned with. She loves to move. She loves to dance. She feels the beat down in the depths of her soul. She is incredible to watch. She is a cheerleader.

Now, I'm off to read more of CZ's book and soak up more inspiration!

1 comment:

Diana said...

Oh very good - the journaling is so much like what CZ does! Haven't had a reason to try it yet but I have been learning about type from her.......feels nice to have those clean pages sometimes, huh?