Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bringing the woods indoors

Or at least that's the hope. We've been waiting until both kids were in school full-time before we ripped up the carpet in the family room and replaced it. No sense redoing it and having the wear pattern be replaced right away. So, with Nicholas now in 1st grade, I gently reminded Mat that it was time to redo. I stopped at a local store that does hardwood and looked at all their samples. OHHH! I loved them all. And their showroom floor is a showcase of all the fun patterns and colors that you can create with just the natural colors of wood. Oak, cherry, mahogany, maple. Even some more exotic woods.

I made an appointment and "Dave" came to the house last Friday afternoon. He took measurements and told us what might (and might not) work. And I figured, HEY! If you're doing a cost estimate, why not estimate with redoing the hallway and the stairs, too. One can dream, right?

Yesterday, Mat and I went to the showroom so he could see all the fun things I'd already witnessed. I loved the look of some of the "redder" woods but knew he didn't want to go too dark. We actually both loved tiger wood (not Tiger Woods, of golf fame...though we do like to watch him play). It has many of the reds in it that I love, but is varigated with the color of oak/red oak.

Now it's just a waiting game. Waiting for the mail to arrive with the cost estimate. Then running the numbers to see what we wanna spend. Fingers crossed that we can get what we want installed.

No comments: