My apologies for the long time between posts. It's been a madhouse at work. You see, it's been the end of our year. Okay, the end of our FISCAL year. Yep, as a numbers cruncher, it so happens that September 30 is the last day of our fiscal year. So that has meant working to make sure we had everything that needed to be done done before midnight. Sure, there are some things that didn't HAVE to be done by the stroke of twelve. And they do say that September 30 IS the longest day of the year...at least in our world! So that's why I've been neglecting my poor blog. Besides the year-end (and start up) activities, here's my month in a nutshell (a really big nut).
1. Getting kids to/from their various activities. Samantha's dance classes have been going well. She loves the addition of jazz and musical theatre to her days. Did have to drop Girl Scouts but that's just the way it goes. Nicholas is doing great with his piano lessons (and I've been trying to learn along side of him), plus his karate is moving along. Even has a gui to wear, just like the other kids (thanks to Samantha's best bud, who no longer takes classes). Oh...a gui is the white 2-piece attire that you see karate students wearing.
2. Stepping down from my duties on the Scrapbook Jungle Design Team. Yes, it was a difficult decision for me but I decided that I wasn't doing the DT justice, what with my busy non-scrapping schedule. I still plan to stay a member of the Jungle, visiting all my friends and posting. Just not being held to "having to scrap" when I don't have time or just plain don't wanna.
3. Extra pair of hands with the housework. Yes, we've talked about it for a while now but finally took the step. We've found a housekeeper who will come clean the main floor every other week. She's only been here once, but what a difference! All those detailed jobs that we just haven't had time for (like dusting all the frames and blinds) and the jobs that we just hate to deal with (like the toilets and showers) are now being done for us by Laura. She's such a ball of energy and very personable. It's well worth the price to NOT have to do all that stuff anymore.
4. Nutcracker rehearsals start. Yes, our fairy has already learned her part and have run through the scene with Clara, the Fairy soloist, the angels, and the Spanish gals. Very fun for her...and we'll be able to see her smiling face on stage (since the Palace Scene is brightly lit vs. the Battle Scene which is very dark).
5. Silverwood! Along with our friends, the Skinners, we headed to the park for a day of rides, thrills, chills, and fun. And when I say chills, I mean CHILLS! The weather on the day we attended was way too cool for my liking. We even got sprinkled on for a little while. But we stepped into one of the gift shops (Silverwood's version of "Build-A-Bear" and let the kids create a stuffed animal. Heck, they were selling them for 50% so why not? Then, we saw a cool magic show before hitting the rides again. Finally, we had dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants. OMG! They serve the best garlic bread. And this is the only restaurant where I'll order spaghetti (I only like my own). It's called Baked Spaghetti. They take cooked spaghetti pasta, mix it with some cheeses, etc., then back it in a casserole dish. Finally, they cut a large slab from the casserole, add more cheese, and ladle meat sauce on the entire thing. YUMM!
1 comment:
Busy busy! Hope life settles down for you all a bit, but then here come the holidays!
Post a Comment