I let the kids sleep in a little (it's what I do when I have a school day off). Once they were up and dressed, we loaded up the van (with Sebastian...he was going to the groomer) to make our way to McDonald's for breakfast. CLICK-CLICK-CLICKETY-CLICK. Dead battery! ARGHH!!
Call Mat (who needs to come home so we can try to get the kids to school on time). Unload the van. Make breakfast for kids while we await dad's arrival. So far, so good. I stand at the kitchen window, watching for the car to come up the street. There it is! Everyone grab your stuff (Sebastian in his carrier bag) and head to the driveway. As Mat rushes in, I notice steam coming from under the hood of the car. I bend over and see a puddle of antifreeze forming. GREAT! We have a leaking hose (best case); who-knows-what-else (worst case).
As Mat starts to charge the battery on the van (good thing we have a plug-in one), I head to the school, watching the temperature gauge very closely as it slowly makes its way up. Luckily, I get to the school without any problems (the kids are a little late but nothing to be concerned about), then call Mat. Luckily, he's got the van running and is headed to the school with water for the radiator.
As you can see, I'm home (Sebastian is at the groomer). The car made it back to work for Mat (yippee!) and he'll try to get it in today or Monday for servicing.
Oh, and the Charter guy just left (we added their phone service). He rang the doorbell just 2 minutes after I got back home. Now, last night when I spoke to their rep (she called to confirm today's visit), she said I'd get a phone call 30 minutes before they were coming. I thought that was a great idea and made sure they had my cell phone number. I thought it was an even better idea this morning! Well, there was no phone call (not on our home phone nor my cell). They're lucky they arrived AFTER I got home or they'd have heard from this customer (as if that would have mattered much to them). Anyway, we're supposedly set. And with having Charter cable and internet, we should see a reduction to our monthly bills (since we can now cancel our other phone services). Hopefully, we won't be sorry for the switch.
Oh, on a positive note, I finished my third "handmade" project for the CKU paint can swap. I made an altered canvas magnet. It's 4"x4" and can attach to the fridge (or file cabinet, if you have an office to decorate). Here it is. I'm happy with how it turned out. I even used one of the glass slides I purchased a couple years ago. It was a quick and fun project. Think I'll have to make more for gifts.
1 comment:
That's too cute!!!!!!! What a day you had yesterday!
Post a Comment