Sunday, April 15, 2007

Oh, What a beautiful morning...what a beautiful day!

Just couldn't ask for a more gorgeous day than today! No wind, blue skies, a perfect Spring day. Thank you, Lord! I was able to finish the last of my rose bush trimming (finally). And even got to visit with my 2 best scrappin' buds, Diana and Cindy. We met at Mike's to hand off things between us. Figured it was a safe place to go since they seldom have anything new or worthwhile to buy these days. But...aha! This time, it was different. I haven't been in over a month (Diana in a couple of weeks). In that time, they've moved things around and got some NEW stuff. Making Memories (which they always caring) got a shot in the arm with new product. We even saw Heidi's stuff sitting on the racks. And a couple of SEI paper sets and some very cool new albums. Diana and I each bought a new MM chipboard flower set (BLING!) and swapped so we have some of both sets! And we picked up "Designing with Color" with our coupons. Heck, I even found a pair of great black all-leather Naturalizer mules on the clearance rack ($56 down to $20)! How's THAT for a good day of shopping?

I got home and finished off the 4 cards that are doing in the paint can that I'm putting together for CKU. Three of the items going in the can must be "handmade", so here's one of 'em! Hope the eventual owner will like them (since there is no pre-determined swapper, like in the Secret Sister swap...which I am also involved in).
I took some We R Memory Keepers' Urban Window cards and added some embellishments. Simple by I like how they turned out. The third one had 3 buttons the spell out "I heart U" (sorry 'bout the glare); the last one has a copper tag that says "celebrate".

The 2nd "handmade" item is a very cute matchbook album (don't cha LOVE Basic Grey?). I seem to gravitate to anything BG these days! Here's the cover...
And here are a few photos of the inside of the album (not all the pages, but some to give you an idea of what it's like). Hopefully, I left enough room for the "owner" to add some photos of her inspirations!

No comments: