The winning LO is called Camping. Very clean and simple. More photos than I've been using on most of my recent LOs (...does this mean I should go back to using more pics?...) but they capture the adventure of our last camping trip this year. I had fun "dirtying" the title letters with paint and ink. And thought the touch of bling (sort of unexpected on a camping LO) helped give it "something" that I thought it needed.
Here's the journaling:Camping! It’s become a favorite way for our family to spend “together time”. To disengage from our frantic schedules of work, school, sports, and dance, and simply “be” with one another. By eliminating the distractions of our crazy lives, we put the focus back on being a family.
We have taken ordinary moments and created WOW memories for all of us. Like the time we saw that tiny lizard sitting in the middle of the hiking trail. Once Nicholas made this exciting discovery, we all stopped to watch it scurry across the path. From that moment on, we kept a lookout and found four more of the little guys as we continued on our walk.
And even with confined quarters, we’ve managed some one-on-one time with our kids. One evening, Mat and Samantha headed off for some twilight fishing while Nicholas and I remained at the campsite. He and I talked and giggled and had the best time playing Garbage (that’s a card game he taught me). Then, we pulled up our chairs and sat reading together as the sun set. And when I thought it couldn’t get any better, my daughter’s voice rang across the campsite. “Mom, I almost caught a fish!” You should have seen her smile and heard the excitement in her voice! And proud dad called out, “she had quite a few nibbles out there.”
Campfires, nature walks, swimming, fishing. I can’t think of any way for this family to be happier than when we’re camping together…expect maybe if we actually CATCH that fish next time!
And this is the album cover that won. Each drawer contains one of the four mini tag albums, one album for each of the family members. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I know most of your who visit understand just what this thing called scrapbooking means to me..because it means the same to you! So, thank you for letting me share my passion with you.
1 comment:
Hi Emily! Thanks for sharing your winning layout and album! Totally awesome work my SBB/SB/BS friend! Oh, if only I had a smidgen of your talent... :-) Have a good day! Maria
Post a Comment