Yes, after almost four months of work, we FINALLY have our new flooring in all rooms of the basement! YIPPEE! I can't tell ya how excited we all are. Now, that doesn't mean the work is done. Oh no! It's just beginning. Mat and I have been working each day (since Friday) to dust the shelves and nicknacks, vacuum the floors, and clean all glass surfaces. We have most of the main room back together...and doing some purging along the way. Things are in the cabinets, all looking like new. Amazing how much dust can get INSIDE a closed cabinet door! Lots of things are being boxed so we can take them to Goodwill. Even a few nicer pieces that we don't think we'll ever really use (we haven't yet).
Once that room is done, we'll hit THE BIG ONE. The laundry room...aka my scrapbook room. Since the flood, everything has been moved several times. First, out of that room to deal with the water. Then out of the other two rooms when flooring was laid in each of them. So, who knows what is where. Suppose that means I'll be doing a major purge of old stuff. Donations to Children's Hospital. Craft items for the kids. I have much-too-much (don't tell Mat I said that)!
Oh well, been on the puter far too long. Time to get back to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment