I know, I know. No photos from the party yet. No new post. What kinda blogger am I? Obviously, not a very good one. So, here's my attempt at getting something updated.
Body is starting to feel better. Why, you ask? Cuz we went skiing on Saturday. Yep, haven't been in 3 years(?) and who knows how many before that. I got 2 free adult lift tickets from a local radio promo (happened to be at the right place at the right time), plus we had a "BOGO" card. So, for the cost of one adult ticket, four of us went skiiing! And it was a wonderful day to be at the mountain. Windy at our place, calm there.
Spent the morning getting back into the swing with the kids on the bunny run, using the tow rope to get up. After lunch, we ventured to the top of the hill. And when I say top, I mean TOP! The chairlift is over 2 miles from bottom to top! Yea, no lie! Then the path down must be close to 2.5 miles since it's a green run with a nice, gradual path down. A few harder spots for the kids but they were able to make it down. But let me tell ya, my body was paying the price on Sunday...and Monday and Tuesday and... But we had a blast and hope to get back there once more this season, if we can fit it into our calendar.
3 comments:
Sounds fun; I haven't skiied in over 20 years! Sorry I haven't popped in in awhile, but you know.......
Ugh...skiing! I did it ONCE when I was in collge and was so sore for 3 days afterwards! I said NEVER AGAIN! I'd rather stay in the lodge & drink hot chocolate!
woohoo!! You go girl! Love skiing - we go at least one weekend every year, an annual trip to U.P. Michigan... in fact, that is coming up this next weekend. woohoo!!
Post a Comment