She’s smart, she’s beautiful, she’s funny…and she’s eleven today. Yes, my baby girl turns a year older. I can’t believe it! I still can see her sweet little face, swaddled in a blankie. It’s incredible that time can pass so quickly. But it does.
This weekend, I asked her where she wanted to go for her bday dinner. Anywhere you want – just pick the place. Without hesitating, she said “I want your spaghetti, mom.” “Sweetie, I can make that any night. Go ahead and pick your favorite restaurant.” “You asked me what I wanted, and that’s what I want.” Wow, no higher praise. So, I made a batch of spaghetti sauce last night and we’ll head home after school for spaghetti. For her bday cake, she requested spice cake with white frosting. Done. What could be easier – or more flattering – than that!
I’ll post an update to this entry once we’ve celebrated tonight!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Samantha!
wow - great compliment to you!
Post a Comment