Well, two little creatures arent' stirring since they left to spend time with their grandparents. Yes, Mat drove them off on Sunday morning, meeting halfway in SLC. It was rough to say goodbye to my kids for the first time. Oh, they've both stayed overnight at friends' for sleepovers. And Samantha has even done one-week camps for church or Girl Scouts. But this is both of them for 4 weeks. Yes, you read that right. FOUR weeks.
They had dinner on Sunday night, then Mat drove back home. I couldn't join them for the ride since I had to work on Monday (deadlines and commitments, ya know). Their first "activity" with Papa and Nana was to drive to Denver to attend a Rockies' baseball game. They were so excited when they called us. I had told Samantha that, if they happened to show them on the big DiamondVision screen, she should try to find the camera (since you won't see a face if you wave to the big screen). But I figured that was a longshot, to be one of 30,000 or more to be shown. Well, whaddaya think happened? YEP! "Mom, they showed Nicholas and me on the big screen!" OMG, what are the odds? She asked if we saw her. Of course, being in the PNW, the Mariners' game was what our local station played. But I told her she very well may have been on TVs in-and-around Denver. How exciting for them!
Last night, they arrived at their grandparents' house. When we called, Samantha was watching "So You Think You Can Dance?" without me (heavy sigh...we usually watch it together). I did see it, but it wasn't quite the same without her. Nicholas was playing Mario Bros. Nintendo (the OLD original game from waaaaay back). He and Papa love to play this together. And they have plans to go to the golf course to hit balls on the driving range and ride in Papa's golf cart. Great fun!
Do we miss them? You bet we do. But we also know they are making wonderful memories with their grandparents. And that's what it's all about.
1 comment:
Sounds like a win-win to me! :-) Yes, you'll miss them. And yes, they'll miss you. But you and Mat get some quality time together, and your kids get quality time with their grandfolks. yay!
Post a Comment