Thursday, October 9, 2008

Four Days to Play...

Okay, it won't actually start until tomorrow. But I don't have to work Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon! How cool is that! I happen to work an 8-9's schedule. So, in a 2-week period, I work a 9-hr day every Mon-Thu. That gives me 8 extra hours worked (above the normal work day)...which allows me to take every other Friday off. The Friday that I do work, I work a regular 8-hr day. Make sense? So, this Friday is a non-work day for me, followed by the weekend, then I'm off Columbus Day. Couldn't have worked out better if I'd planned it. And I sorta did! ;D

The kids also happen to have tomorrow off from school so I'm thinking of taking them to do something fun. Maybe go bowling or swimming. Perhaps go to this little place where you can purchase a piece of unfired pottery/ceramic animal, paint it, then have it fired for pickup later. Maybe a movie (but which one?). Lunch at a restaurant of their choice (with mom having veto power, if need be). Yep, I'm looking forward to tomorrow! How about you?

1 comment:

Marcia said...

well my weekend isn't as long as yours... in fact it's only HALF... lol... but...

Yes, I'm looking forward to the weekend. ALWAYS!! I always enjoy my time away from work, whether it be evenings or weekends or longer. I basically work for retirement. I can't wait until the day when I no longer HAVE to goto work!!