Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy feet!

You know how some songs just make you happy when you hear them. They get you tapping your feet, wanting to get up and dance. Well, lately, the songs that do it for me are ABBA songs. Yep! And I have to blame "Mamma Mia!" for that. The movie has become one of my all-time favorites since seeing it with my coworkers one evening. We all met for drinks and appetizers after work, then headed to the theatre. All fourteen (or so) of us. Apparently, the place was filled with other ABBA fans, too. Cuz when the songs started playing, we all started singing. So, I ended up getting the original ABBA music, which I loved back in the day. Ended up watching the movie two more times, as well as seeing the stage production in Vegas. And you can bet that I'll be on the lookout for it when it's released on DVD. And yes, you can find a couple of ABBA songs on My Playlist (recently added to my blog). One sung by ABBA themselves, the other by "Donna" (aka Meryl Streep from the movie, Mamma Mia!). So now, you can be a Dancing Queen as you catch up on my happenings.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun blog. Thanks for sharing it at TTS.

Nancywithajones said...

hahahaha I love abba I would be up dancing with you!