Man, this is the life! We just returned from a nice dinner at Lone Star. I had the rib eye steak with salad and sweet potato casserole. Boy, was it good! I've had bad luck lately with ordering steaks. No matter how well I explain what I want, my steak is always overdone. I want it pink. Medium to medium rare. Call it whatever you want as long as it's still pink. Lean towards rare more than well. It's all to no avail; it's always well done. From time to time, I can see the last remnants of pink but as it sits there, the last of the pink cooks away. But...
This time, the steak was incredible! Perfect. Couldn't have asked for better. And eating the meal with family made it all the better!
Samantha and I did a little shopping on our own. We'd tell ya what we bought but then we'd have to kill ya. Also, the person(s) we were shopping for visit this blog from time-to-time so no posting hints here.
Mat also got to share his alma mater with the kids. We took a drive to ASU and walked around the campus. He identified points of interest including places he used to live, work, and get ed-ja-ma-cated. It was a fun way to spend the morning. And we also got some ASU gear to wear before leaving the campus area.
Kids are playing "Social Security" with their grandparents. Jess & Clint are watching TV and checking the puter, and Mat is filling a couple of air mattresses for the kids (the 2 sofas they slept on last night weren't all the comfy). Obviously, I'm blogging. And soon, I'll be turning in for the night. YAWN. I'm tired.
1 comment:
A nicely cooked steak sounds heavenly - I had one that was just perfect last Friday at TGIFridays. I am curious - what is in sweet potato casserole?
Post a Comment