Friday, January 23, 2009

Poor lil blog...

Oh dear! I had grand expectations of blogging regularly this year. Making sure I kept everyone (including me) up-to-date on family, friends, and scrapbooking. Let's see if I can turn this around before I hit bottom.

Kids are busy, as always. They both just started playing in Upwards Basketball with Mat as their coach. It'll probably be the last time that they'll be able to be on the same sports team. And the plus of having dad to take the lead. Practices one night a week, games on Saturdays. We're having to shift one of Samantha's ballet classes around but it'll work.

Nicholas is still doing karate (tho having to miss one of the two nights per week due to basketball). He did miss last night's basketball practice so he could go to karate. It was testing night and he really wanted to be there. So, he has one more red stripe on his yellow belt. Two more successful testing sessions and he'll have his green belt!

Been scrapping and chatting at TTS. If you haven't stopped in for the fun, please do! There are so many fun scrappers there. Lots of challenges, including the "Layout of the Day". Both paper and digi scrappers! If you're LO is selected, it goes into the running for "Layout of the Week". Weekly winners go head-to-head for "Layout of the Month", with winners getting a gift certificate to shop at the TTS store! How cool is that! And the gift cert is even better cuz the TTS Paper Store is always 35% off retail. Yep, you heard me right....35% OFF RETAIL!

Been doing some scrapping, too. For me, that's one of the biggest benefits of being on any CT/DT. There are assignments to be done so any thoughts of being a slacker are immediately gone.

So, here are some of the things I've been working on....

Using one of TTS cool paper kits (this kit was called Peachy Keen), I took on the January sketch challenge and came up with this LO. Photos were taken last Easter. I turned the focal photo 90 degrees so that it followed the design of the patterned paper. Even let the top extend off the page (since I have top-loading page protectors, this isn't a problem).


And these three cards were created using the leftovers from the Peachy Keen kit...and I STILL have more stuff I can use!


No comments: