We headed to the quilt store where I got it, hoping against hope that they'd have some of that bolt of fabric left. Well, the stars must have been aligned just right cuz sure enough, the fabric was still in the store. Enough to finish the backing. I dropped the quilt top and the backing at the shop...and got the call this past Thursday afternoon that the quilt was done!
Samantha and I picked it up, just before piano lessons. I spent Friday trimming the quilt and piecing the binding fabric. Finally, I attached the binding and was done on Saturday morning.
Here's a closeup of the quilt itself...

and here's a shot of the quilt, along with several of Samantha's closest friends.

She was totally thrilled with how it turned out! And so am I!
Just one tiny problem. Now, Nicholas wants me to create a quilt for him. Of course, I told him "yes". Just no more houses...unless he also wants to wait YEARS to get it.
1 comment:
It turned out so good!
Post a Comment