It's Saturday morning, the start of a relatively light weekend (schedule-wise). Samantha woke up a little after 8am. She seemed to be doing well. She still has a little cough but we expect that will be the case for a while. And it's not a bad thing. A little cough will help get rid of all the gunk that still sits in her chest.
We had a nice breakfast of ham/cheese/green chile omelets (that's NM green chiles) and hash browns. Yumm! And I'm sitting here listening to a local radio station playing in the background as I update my blog and FB...something I don't get to do that often any more.
Thanks to everyone for sending their well-wishes to Samantha and Mat as they've both struggled to get back to 100%. They are both much better. Oh, and a huge THANK YOU to my dear friend, Becky, for sending the best "get well" gift to Samantha. She did a drawing of a pair of ballet pointe shoes and sent it to her. Boy, did Samantha's face light up when she opened that package! It's truly gorgeous and we plan to go out this weekend to find a great frame for it. My scrapper buds know Becky and what a great talent she is as a scrapbooker. Well....let me just tell you that her drawing/painting abilities are even more incredible! I wish I could draw even one-tenth as well as she does. Becky, you are my idol! HUGZ!
I also want to create a LO this weekend. Just one. Please. I haven't done any scrapping in several months and I'm feeling "out of sorts". Sure, it's been crazy for me, what with work (fiscal year end) and sicknesses in the household. But I really need to make time to scrap SOMETHING, don'tcha think? So I will. Promise. And I'll upload here and FB as an incentive to get it done.
Anyway, while we're out looking for that frame, I think I'll use a few of the gift cards that are burning a hole in my wallet. LOL! Oh, just a few that I have from returns (you know, when you don't have a receipt, you get store credit on a gift card). So I think I'll use 'em up and lighten the load in my purse.
Happy shopping to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment