Things come, things go. Time comes, time goes. And much has come and gone over the past few weeks.
Earlier this month, Mat had to go on travel for work. He left on a Tuesday morning. Las Vegas. Gee, if ya gotta go to work, I guess Las Vegas is as good a place as any to be working. So, for a few days, I was solo parenting. It wasn't a bad few days. We had the usual list of activities...piano lessons (Tuesday), dance and basketball (Wednesday), dance and karate (Thursday). Luckily, they were staggered enough such that I could get child #1 from point A to point B, then pick up child #2 and go from point C to point D. Kinda like alphabet soup. When Mat got home, BOY!, were we ever so happy!
Since then, activities have kicked into high gear. Samantha has started Russian rehearsal (and she's ever so glad). Nicholas has had two basketball games (the Scorpions are 1-1). And we have a day off from work tomorrow. Ya gotta like that! The only thing about all of this is that time is just flying by. Much too fast. With each passing day, I see our kids getting bigger, older, wiser,smarter... And less dependent upon us. Don't want to go there just yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment