Yep, that's what today has been all about. Nicholas woke up just before our alarm (that's 5:22 a.m.) with a tummy ache. At that time, he hadn't thrown up or anything. However, by the time Samantha was up and ready for school, he was in the bathroom and not liking life. Having issues from both ends tends to give you that perspective.
My stomach was doing a few little ick-flips so I started wondering if it might be something besides the general crud (pardon the layperson's diagnosis) that is lurking around. We did have potstickers last night (the frozen ones from Costco or some other grocery store). Nicholas had the most, then me. Samantha had a few when she got home from dance, while Mat had nada. I went to the freezer to see exactly how old those stickers might be. May 2009 -- not good. So, into the garbage they went, along with the leftovers that I had planned to take for lunch today...just in case. UT-OH! Guess what Samantha has in her lunch bag today? Grab the phone and call the school. They get a message to her to call home. "Don't eat the leftovers; buy something from the cafeteria instead." Not too often she'll hear THAT from me.
So, anyways, we're at home. Nicholas is doing better. He slept for a good 3 hrs this a.m. I headed downstairs and did a little crafting. Created an altered canvas (add your own 5x7 photo) that I plan to donate to the upcoming KN baseball fundraiser. We'll be having a casino night with a silent auction. Decided to do the canvas in KN's colors - red and gray (with a little black and white thrown in for good measure). Figured with all our All-Star and tournament teams, there's bound to be one family who'd like to showcase their young athlete. Decided to stick with the CZ method of scrapping -- clean and simple. Will post a photo soon as I can.
For now, we wait for Samantha to return home on the bus. Plan to take her to dance and if Nicholas is feeling good enough, will take him with me to the office (I'm missing work today and had a bunch of stuff to do). Bring book to read, homework to finish, maybe the Nintendo DS as a back up.
No comments:
Post a Comment