It happened last Friday. That was the day that our little girl became a teenager. Yes. It was just 13 years ago that Samantha came into our lives. All cute and cuddly and oh-so-precious. She took our breath away from the moment she arrived and she continues to amaze us with each passing year. And as she starts off into her teen years, we're probably in for a truly incredible ride.
Since her birthday hit a school-and-dance day, there wasn't as much time for celebrating as usual. We started out with breakfast at Shari's (Mat had to be at work early so couldn't join us) then I took both kids to school.
I made sure I was in the school parking lot when the final bell rang so that I could pick up Samantha and take her to an early dinner. She selected Bento, one of her favorite local Japanese restaurants. This time, Mat was able to join us. After a relaxing meal, I dropped Samantha off at the dance studio.
Fast forward to after Company rehearsal. We met Samantha as she was released with a baker's dozen of roses. Twelve were pale pink-tipped with the thirteenth being solid white. Very beautiful...like our girl.
We ended the evening with birthday cake (yellow with choco frosting) and the traditional opening of gifts. Thinking we may have gone overboard. Okay....thinking "I" may have gone overboard. But I found some great deals on things that I know she'd love...and she did!
All too soon, the big day came to an end. Happy birthday, Samantha! We love you, our little girl...who's not so little any more.
No comments:
Post a Comment