And the fun begins! Right now, we are zipping our way towards Highway 101; back "home". I grew up in CA, just yards from 101. The homes and neighbors across the street from us had their backyard fences (actually concrete walls) along 101. I would drive that stretch of road when I drove to/from college (both to SDSU and CSUS). So when I get that first glimpse of the blue Pacific, it brings back many a-memory for me. And I'm glad the kids enjoy going there as a family.
And as we do everytime we head this way, we had lunch @ Spooky's. Salad and pizza; tow pizzas, to be exact. Pepperoni and red onion for Mat and me; Hawaiian for the kids. We are creatures of habit when it comes to pizza here. And we order enough to take leftovers with us.
Dessert? That would mean Burgerville milkshakes. YUMM! Nicholas usually gets chocolate, Mat strawberry, and Samantha and I share a "specialty" flavor. This time, it's Triple Berry (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)...yum!
Anyway you slice it, it's a great way to start Spring Break. Oh...Pacific Ocean coming into view on my right. Gotta sign off....
No comments:
Post a Comment